Partners Indemnity in the news
CO-OP Conference and Gala 2011 – You’re Invited to Attend
September 30, 2011
The 11th Annual Co-op Conference and Gala will take place on October 19th, 2011 at the Royal Botanical Gardens in Burlington. The list of workshops, plenary sessions and speakers has just been announced and has been posted to the On Co-op website. The day-long event’s theme is "Gearing Up," and staff, board, and managers from co-ops, credit unions, caisse populaires and stakeholder organizations are invited to attend.
This is the launch of IYC 2012 in Ontario, and many sessions will support the International Year of Co-operatives and its theme of 'Co-operative Enterprises Build a Better World.' Be sure to attend the Gala and be part of this historic launch. (Credit unions are generally using a theme of 'Credit unions build a better world.')
Many organizations use the Gala as a staff or board professional development opportunity. Whether you could benefit from our Co-ops 101 workshop – or you should be teaching it – this is the place to be October 19. The day’s events – including the networking and cross-sector chats - provide the perfect opportunity to learn more about co-ops, learn about IYC initiatives (and share yours), learn new things through a workshop and get connected to the greater co-op community.
- Dame Pauline Green, president of the International Co-operative Alliance, addresses our audience via webconference on Celebrating Co-op Innovation, and helps us launch IYC 2012 in Ontario.
- Ipsos Reid will analyze the findings of a national poll by CCA on what Canadians understand about co-operatives, and how the co-op sector can effectively use that information.
- James Gordon, musician and composer, provides music and entertainment during lunch and at the Awards Gala -- and leads the Gala's most creative workshop ever.
- By the numbers:
- 5 workshops
- 4 hours of networking time
- 3 plenary sessions
- 2 sector-specific caucuses
- 1 awards ceremony.
Learn more about all the events and activities. Download the conference brochure HERE, or visit the Gala pages of the On Co-op website HERE. Fees and online registration available HERE.
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT: Save $50 off your conference registration when you register by October 7.
Prices increase October 8 and again October 18.